Is your organization’s data a bit of a mess? Need a better understanding of Excel, but not sure how to get it? Let the data program at NOI help! In this two-day training, we’ll cover best practices in building and maintaining data in Excel spreadsheets, using Excel functions to clean up messy data sets, and analyzing data in Excel.
This training is appropriate for Excel newbies and those who have a bit of exposure. We’ll cover a variety of topics, including:
- Introducing the software and how to write a basic formula
- Writing nested formulas (doing several steps at once)
- Conditionals (affecting only part of a data set)
- Tools used to match two lists together
- Functions for analysis and visualization.
Though this is a technical course, case studies will be drawn from examples in progressive politics (primarily volunteer and donation data). Attendees should plan to bring a laptop computer (not a tablet) with WiFi connectivity and the latest version of Microsoft Excel (which can be downloaded for free trial). This workshop will require extensive hands-on activity.